Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Queen (and not of England)

I went with my sister-in-law on Sunday to a job that she does once a month. She goes to groom this Briard named Queen. I never met a better behaved dog! A briard is a French sheep dog. I think it's funny that the first thing I thought of when I saw her was this cartoon:



Wow, was she filthy when we first went over. I was amazed at the amount of hair on this rather large dog. I knew it was going to be quite a task for her to be groomed. Her are some before, during, and after the job photos.

Before




Now she gets a bath and her teeth brushed.



Finally, after almost 4 hours of work and lots of brushing, drying, and clipping she looks a new dog!



12 comments:

Stephen T. McCarthy said...

I remember that cartoon. One of the classics!

Sorry, but I liked the way Queen looked BEFORE the grooming best. (But then you knew I would.)

"Before" = a dog who knows how to have fun.
"After" = too prissy.

~ Stephen
(who likes to roll around in the mud)

Marjorie said...

Stephen- If she doesn't get prissyfied at least once a month she will become severely matted. Has to be done.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous dog! And it's amazing the transformation that can happen in a groomer's...or a hair salon, for that matter!

I love your visits to my blog. Thanks so much for reading each day. I really appreciate it!

Tara Tyler said...

that is a beautiful dog. and I knew the coyote cartoon (hey, ralph) w/o playing it!
happy q day =)

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

She looks every bit a Queen after being washed and brushed. Wonderful post Marjorie.

Thanks for your comment.
Yvonne.

Leovi said...

Excellent sequence, we can clearly see the before and after. It has been fabulous.

Jan Morrison said...

man I loved that cartoon - I like how Ralph is just like Wiley Coyote and the alarm system is ACME! And I love the trees - so weird and beautiful. ah...looney tunes...
And Queen is gorgeous!

Ella said...

I love the cartoon and I have always wanted a dog like this! She is gorgeous~

Anonymous said...

aw she is beautiful. Thank goodness I dont have to groom her haha :)

Talli Roland said...

What a gorgeous dog! Love the photos!

Hart Johnson said...

Awwwwwwww! I think she's fabulous! I also love the Sam and Ralph cartoons--those sheep popping through the holes in the ground always crack me up.

RosieC said...

Aw, she's so cute. Thanks for sharing the pics :)

Rosie
East for Green Eyes