Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Purple and Yellow

I love complimentary colors. There is something very cool about know that every color has an opposite. Two colors that if mixed together will make muddy, murky, brown slop. BUT If you put them side by side they stand out against one another so well. They clash magnificently. They sing.

My favorite of these color combos is purple and yellow. Why? Because when you see something like this in nature It makes you appreciate just how beautiful this world of ours is.







I took these pictures the day before yesterday when the sun was almost completely set. It was a much cooler evening than we are sure to get tonight, and I thought the wind might blow me away, but I'm glad I rushed up to that little wild area right in front of the wall that separates my neighborhood from the main street. I had vowed that this spring I would get a picture of these flowers growing on these cacti. I'm so happy with the photos I got.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

That looks like pure silk. Absolutely gorgeous!

I've tagged you for a blog thingy if you're interested. Stop by and check it out!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

These are absolutely fantasic.
Beautiful.

Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

Definitely one of my favourite colour combinations & stunning pics!

Unknown said...

where do you live exactly I have not seen a real live cactus in so so so long. You are so good at what you do writing and photo taking, if you see any clotheslines in your neck of the woods link them to my page please.

Natasha said...

What a beautiful flower, and an even better photograph.

On that happy note, there is an award for you on my site.

Marjorie said...

@ Lisa- Will do! Though I'm not sure how well I'll do.

@ Yvonne- Thank you. This is probably my favorite hobby. I'm hoping to make some sort of career out of it someday.

@ God's student- Can't get much better than that, and these are probably my favorite photos to date.

@ Whisper- I live in Tucson, AZ. That is the sonoran desert.

@ Natasha- It was actually two different flowers on two different cacti. Same type though. Yay an award!

Peggy said...

Very good photos,