Sunday, November 1, 2009

7 reason's why I'm glad Halloween is over




Without further ado:
1) No more pressure to carve the pumpkin

2) I don't have to worry about getting the kids' costumes together.

3) No more skeletons, zombies, vampires, or ghouls staring out at me from every store window and display

4) I don't have to say "hold my hand!" every ten seconds.

5) I don't have to count heads every ten seconds.

6) No more horror movies on every TV channel

7) The Internet is not crawling with frightening and/or disgusting images. At least not on the sites my children and I frequent.

I just want to add that I'm glad the kids didn't get a lot of candy this year. I will feel less compelled to steal from their stashes, and I will not have to hear "Can I have some of my candy?" every two minutes for the next month or two.

You all might have noticed that I am a bit of a wimp. I don't like scary things. When I was a teenager a was a little less sensitive, but not by much. Horror movies would make me jumpy for weeks after watching one. The first horror movie I swore off forever was The Exorcist. The next was Event Horizon which I was duped into believing was harmless science fiction. Soon I swore off all horror movies and I haven't gone back. Some of us are just more sensitive than others I guess.

No comments: